The Opportunity Youth Job Fair offers immediate job opportunities with over 50 employers based in Portland and surrounding cities.
If you are a young adult and you are looking for work or training opportunities, this job fair is for you!
- Full-time, Part-time and Seasonal Jobs
- Paid Internships
- GED and High School Completion
- Job Training Programs
- Onsite Interviews with select employers
- Tech Hub – Use onsite computers!
- Practice Interviews & Resume Reviews – Meet with professional job coaches to up your game!
- Community Corner – Discover resources to help you be more successful in life and at work! Get help with banking, transportation, housing, expunging records, job-related dress, mentorship, and MORE.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
The Opportunity Youth Job Fair is targeted at youth and young adults ages 16-24, although anyone seeking employment is welcome to attend. The fair has no official age requirement and no ID is needed to enter the event.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Portland’s TriMet MAX light rail stops 300 times a day at the Oregon Convention Center, connecting riders to downtown, surrounding neighborhoods, and surrounding cities like Gresham, Milwaukie, Beaverton and Hillsboro. Portland Streetcar’s Central Loop stops at the MLK lobby entrance every 15 minutes. Also, at the MLK lobby entrance, TriMet’s Bus Line No. 6 provides access to downtown stops and outlying areas.
Parking is available in the garage underneath the Oregon Convention Center. Enter the garage from either NE Lloyd Boulevard or NE First Avenue. Parking costs $5 for one hour, and increases $1-2 per hour, to the maximum rate of $12 for 4-18 hours.
Are there preparation resources available prior to the Fair?
Yes! Goodwill Industries has job coaches available to work with fair attendees on practice interviews, resume practice, cover letter writing, and more at Goodwill Industries’ Job Connection locations. The service is free, and locations include Airport Way, Cedar Hills, Clackamas, Gresham, NE Halsey, Hazel Dell, Oregon City, Central Eastside Portland, Tigard, Vancouver and more.
What kind of resources are available at the Fair?
- Childcare onsite for job seekers (registration is required)
- Record expungement from Metropolitan Public Defenders
- Transit Passes courtesy of TriMet
- Free food handlers cards for those applying for hospitality jobs (test required)
- Free Haircuts by Bishops and Makeovers by Paul Allen
Where can I find a list of employers?
A list of employers will be posted soon!