DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development and IT operations. It aims to shorten the systems development life cycle and provide continuous delivery with high software quality. DevOps is complementary with Agile software development; several DevOps aspects came from the Agile methodology.
DevOps Certification Training is designed to make you a certified practitioner by providing you hands-on training on DevOps tools and sharing DevOps best practices about Continuous Development, Continuous Testing, Configuration Management, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and finally Continuous Monitoring of the software throughout its development life cycle, using DevOps tools – Git, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Nagios to automate multiple steps in SDLC.
- 4 day of Classroom training
- Accredited Courseware with chapter-end quizzes
- Globally Accepted Certification
- Sample Papers & Mock Exam
- 2 full-length simulation tests
- Course Completion Certificate
- Complimentary E-learning for all participants
- 24×7 Customer Support
- 100% Money Back Guarantee*
- Real Life Case Studies and Examples
What you take away from the training!
- Understand DevOps Ecosystem
- Learn about automatic Source Code Management using GIT and Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Understand, Build and Test Automation: how to build an appropriate delivery pipeline and perform test automation on it
- Understand Containerization using Docker: identify the difference between containers and VMs
- Master Docker Commands and Use-cases : deals with the various networking concepts in Docker, the best way to use the Docker Volume, and creating Docker file
- Master Puppet: learn Configuration management and “Infrastructure-as-Code”. You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalog compilation in Puppet
- Learn Continuous Monitoring using Nagios: integrate Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, and learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components
- Execute a live Project
Who should apply?
- Software Developers
- Technical Project Managers
- Operations Support
- Deployment engineers
- IT managers
- Development managers
DevOps – Course Agenda
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you will learn the reasons for the evolution of DevOps, what is DevOps, the various skills and market trends in DevOps, introduction to the delivery pipeline in devOps and the DevOps ecosystem.
- Topics: Why DevOps? What is DevOps?, DevOps Market Trends, DevOps Engineer Skills, DevOps Delivery Pipeline, DevOps Ecosystem.
- Practical’s to be covered: Sample use-case for using DevOps practice
Build tools – GIT and Jenkins
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn about automatic Source Code Management using GIT and Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Topics-Introduction to VCS and GIT, GIT File workflow, Important GIT Commands, Introduction to Continuous Integration and Jenkins, Plugin Management in Jenkins, Various scenarios of Building Delivery Pipeline.
- Practical’s to be covered: Show the various GIT commands to push and pull a repository, Understanding of the Jenkins UI
Build and Test Automation
- Learning Objectives: In this module, you can learn how to build an appropriate delivery pipeline and perform test automation on it. You can also understand the various security options and notification management in Jenkins.
- Topics-Build Setup in Jenkins, Test Automation, Security in Jenkins, Notification System.
- Practical’s to be covered: Create a build pipeline from compilation to deployment of application.
Containerization using Docker
- Learning Objectives: This module will help you identify the difference between containers and VMs. You can learn about virtualization using Docker. You can also deep dive into image and containers concept in Docker.
- Topics: What and Why of Containers, Introduction to Docker, Docker Fundamentals, Image Distribution, Docker Containers.
- Practical’s to be covered: Create First Image: Hello-World, Images Demo bImage Basics and Base Image Maintenance, Containers Demo bManage Container, Create Images from Containers.
Docker Commands and Use-cases
- Learning Objectives: This module deals with the various networking concepts in Docker, the best way to use the Docker Volume, and creating a Docker file.
- Topics: Docker Networking, Docker Volumes, Docker Files.
- Practical’s to be covered: Exposing Container Ports to the Host, Adding Content to Containers, Create Docker File.
- Learning Objectives: This module introduces you to an important topic called “Infrastructure -as-Code”. You can learn about the master-agent architecture and catalog compilation in Puppet. You will also learn to write a Puppet program using Puppet DSL.
- Topics: Puppet Introduction, Puppet Architecture, Basic Puppet Terminologies, Puppet Language Constructs.
- Practical’s to be covered: Show the folder structure in Puppet master and client, Install Apache Tomcat, Install JDK.
- Learning Objectives: This module is a deep dive into the Puppet module and helps you learn how to install modules from a third-party tool. You can also learn about node classification using hiera and ENC, Puppet environment structure and configuration, various kinds of puppet classes and puppet template.
- Topics: Puppet Modules, Node Classification, Puppet Environment, Puppet Classes, Puppet Template.
- Practical’s to be covered: Write code for DEV to use Java/Tomcat 8 and PROD to use Java/Tomcat 7, Illustrate overriding of a tomcat application, Create a template for tomcat configuration file.
Continuous Monitoring using Nagios
- Learning Objectives: This module helps you integrate Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, and create an application using them. You can also learn about system monitoring using Nagios and its components.
- Topics: Combining Jenkins, Docker and Puppet, Introduction to Nagios, Nagios Plugins, Nagios Objects, Nagios Commands, Nagios Notification.
- Practical’s to be covered: Configure Nagios to monitor Web server, Remove Tomcat container, Nagios server config and modify puppet script to automatically add web server to list of servers to be monitored. Risk Monitoring and Control.
Why global corporate prefers Reform Skills Inc as their training partner
A provider of Enterprise Learning Solutions (ELS), Reform Skills Inc creates industry-fit talents through training, coaching, and consulting by globally-acclaimed trainers. Much of Reform Skills repute in co-creating business value stems from:
- Get trained at the best price compared to other training providers.
- Training delivered in 45+ countries.
- 250+ industry-relevant courses.
- Consulting and coaching to transform organizations.
- Trainers with experience in Retail, E-commerce, Energy & Utilities, etc.
*We conduct corporate trainings on your preferred dates and location for no additional cost.
Please note: DevOps is a 4-day training program (Tuesday – Friday). Eventbrite page will show up only the start dates of all training sessions.