ELEVATE goes virtual! Hardware innovators, entrepreneurs, startups, designers and manufacturers across Victoria are invited to join this virtual meetup on May 19th at 18:00 (AEST).
Turning an idea into a scalable, commercial product is a challenge that many entrepreneurs, innovators and SMEs face. Developing a new product is always hard, but is especially so for hardware products where manufacturing partnerships and supply chain impact your overall time to market, product cost and quality.
Join us for a conversation with leading Melbourne-based manufacturers who will share their perspectives on:
- How to engage early and effectively with manufacturers so that your manufacturing partner is also your design partner.
- Manufacture considerations that will inform early-stage product development.
- Tips on how to best navigate the design to manufacture journey and avoid common pitfalls
This virtual Meetup will take place via Zoom and attendee numbers will be limited to allow for a more interactive session.
18:00 – 18:05 – Introduction
18:05 – 18:20 – Speaker presentations
18:25 – 18:45 – Discussion and Q&A
18:45 – 18:55 – Networking*
18:55 – 19:00 – Wrap up and community news
* During the networking portion of the event, there’ll be an opportunity for you to interact with other meetup attendees via video and audio, so come prepared to have a chat.
Vela has built a career in engineering with a focus on manufacturing, operations and supply chain, with experience in areas such as agtech, instrumentation and smoke detection; and a proven track record of successfully launching hardware products into volume manufacturing. In 2016, Vela started HardworX, to help growth-stage startups and scaling SMEs unlock the power of hardware by demystifying manufacturing and the hardware supply chain.
Additional speaker to be announced
As this is an online event please be remaindered:
- Once you join the meetup, you will automatically have your microphone muted and your video off.
- If you sign in early, you will go to a virtual ‘waiting room’ until the event starts.
- If you have a question for the speakers, use the chat function at the bottom of the screen.
Who is this event suitable for:
Our aim is to build community and connection within the Victorian hardware innovation ecosystems. This event is open to all and particularly suitable for startups, hardware innovators, entrepreneurs, designers and manufacturers.
ELEVATE – Created by Western BACE and HardworX – is a twelve month education series to support Victorian founders who have a desire to design, create, bring to market and mass manufacture a hardware product. The hardware focused series will consist of meetups, masterclasses, bootcamps, 1-1 expert support and an in depth innovation tour of the Melbourne Hardware ecosystem. ELEVATE will focus on demystifying product design, manufacturing and supply chain.
ELEVATE will be delivered as a not-for-profit, community-driven series with content created by hardware innovators for hardware innovators.
For more information regarding ELEVATE and register to be the first in the know visit elevatehardware.com
ELEVATE – Taking Hardware from Concept to Commercialisation is proudly supported by LaunchVIC.