Nursing Info Session – Winter 2021
The Nursing Department will be conducting the Winter Nursing Info Sessions via ZOOM as a result of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is important that you read the information below to be able to sign up, access and attend this session.
You will receive a ZOOM meeting ID invite via your email once you sign up via Eventbrite. If you have an OCC email, please use this to register in Eventbrite. The info session will begin at 5 pm SHARP and conclude by 7 pm. You will need to log in and join your ZOOM video via browsers such as: Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.
The Day of Nursing Info Session
• When you join the meeting please be patient so that the host/co-host can allow you to “join” the meeting AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
• Please be patient as you will be placed in the waiting room where you will receive further instructions and allow for a timely start.
• This Info session is a mandatory requirement for applying to the nursing program.
• You will be muted by the host/co-host and will need to “raise your hand” in the chat section of the ZOOM session in order for all to hear the questions and the responses until acknowledged by the host/co-host.
• There will be a power point presentation during this ZOOM session just as if it were in person.
• There will be an opportunity to ask specific questions to either the Nursing Department or the Counseling Department
RE: During the Nursing Info Session
• New to ZOOM: there are ZOOM tutorials recommended to review prior to the Nursing Info Session
• You will be provided with a few virtual handouts
• Internet instability issues: unplug your router a few days prior to the session for at least 5 minutes
After the Nursing Info Session
• Nursing Questions?
• Counseling Questions?
• Financial Aid Questions?